There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 17 March 2016

AGING: IT'S ALL ABOUT COLOUR!



When women reach a 'certain' age, it's normal for our skin to change, not to mention a number of other body parts. However, the way we handle that change can make all the difference in how we feel about it right down to how we look. This time I'm talking about colour. We lose it! Yep, all that fresh healthy looking skin takes on a different hue. Hey, it's normal. And when we start to get grey hair, that just adds to the drabs. 

So, if you're not into colouring your hair, whether conventional or outlandish, then you can still add colour in what you wear. Let's face it, some people just get into a rut of the same ole. And, women often end up wearing a lot of beige, grey and other blandish colours.

Nothing wrong with those colours at all, except when your hair and skin blend into them, making you look more like one whole piece of chalk. To me, colour is not just about how it makes one look brighter but also how it makes one feel more alive. And we are alive so we probably should keep acting it. And this is not about acting one's age either, whatever all that is about. As the saying goes, how can one act one's age when you have never been that age before? So, we stumble and move forward trying to get it right for us. And yes, I say right for us, because no one knows what is right for another person. We are all individuals and that makes what we do all different. 

Some of you ladies might be into the new bright hair which can be anything from purple, to pink to navy. Well, maybe, if that's your bag then go at it. If it makes you feel great then do it. Personally, I don't want to. Not yet anyway. Sure, I'm like all the rest of you. I want to do something different. I go to bed every night thinking that tomorrow might be the day that I make a few unexpected-to-everyone changes. But then I get up and the day takes on an appearance much like the day before. I still have my grey hair when I go to bed, and I still have the tummy bulge that I've vowed I need to get rid of. Maybe tomorrow.

But I'm getting a bit off my subject here which is colour. Yes, next time you shop for yourself, try looking at the bright side of life. For some it will be easy and for others not so much. Adding colour to your wardrobe is not always easy for some. So I urge you to just try one item. One little item. Perhaps if you are into scarves you might choose a really bright one. Multiple colours perhaps instead of one solid shade. If you like jewellery, try choosing something colourful and large. Or buy a bright purse, red, yellow, multicoloured.

If you are braver than that, try a yellow dress, or a pair of red pants. One thing though that most ladies already know is to stay away from dressing yourself in all the same colour. That just turns out boring, and if you should choose yellow you might end up looking like Big Bird and that's not what you would have intended I am sure. 

My big deal for colour is mainly one thing. At least this is the start for me. BLUSH. Yes, I love my blush. That sallow look that creeps up on our skin with age can be magically destroyed with just a hint of blush. A nice lip colour is also a great enhancement, whether you choose to go with a soft pink or a striking red. You know what's best for you. I like a red myself but not truly bright. Mine needs to have a hint of brown in it. We all know that colour on the lips makes our teeth sparkle whiter. 

I'd like to know what you think of colour and how you use it to brighten yourself and your day? Of course we can also add more colour to our home. That always helps lift our spirits. But mainly I'm talking about colouring ourselves here. What magic colour schemes do you use to add zest to your life?

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon this by accident and found myself nodding to beat the band with every paragraph. Great job, Carol. Carol McPhee

    ReplyDelete