There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

WRITING SCIENCE FICTION

How I Write

Haisha: The Bright Light (WIP)



First off I want to point out that I don't always start and write every story the same way. This one, Haisha: The Bright Light, partially came to me in a dream a few years ago. I never did anything with it at the time except write down my dream. At the time I was busy with other things and was not writing much. This past year I found my scrawlings and decided to make a novel out of it. 

Now it is one of the books I am working on. Haisha is a planet much like earth, in fact many moons ago Haisha was influenced by earth when Hashiaians visited that planet. The people of Haisha were very curious about earth because the inhabitants looked very much like them. They visited, they observed, they stayed, some for a short time, others for a longer period of time. But earthlings are not stupid and eventually they discovered a Haisaian and questioned him. 

He was a quiet soul and the interrogation was too much for him, he had a heart attack and died. He was buried in an unknown grave and many Haishaians that were also on the earth decided to leave and return to their home planet. When they returned they took many earth ideas, part of the language and mannerisms with them. Some had spent most of their lives on earth so it was easy for them to adapt their new findings back home. 

When the bright light hit, everything changed on Haisha. Familys were uprooted, some died, some were too ill to even stay in their homes, while others were not affected at all. This is the story of Maeol and Joeul but mostly a story of their son, who became a prophet and roamed the universe helping out where he could and when he could. After the bright light, Haisha was divided into two parts, the Tropical Sida and the Dark Side. That's where this story begins. 

Of course this is a science fiction novel and will be published as an electronic book first off. Later it may be published as a print book, depending on its popularity. The centre core of the book is how the Haishaians survived after the bright light. It centres around family, neighbours, enemies, love, greed, jealousy, and in the end the suspected demise of the planet. There was however one Haishaian who had the power and the know how to save Haisha. But he would need to draw on friends from the earth and help from other Haishaians to make it happen. Could this young prophet, son of Maeol and Joeul, accomplish what he needed to before the Dark Side spread into the Tropical Side and all were eventually destroyed? 

As of today, I do not know the answer to that question. But by the time I finish this novel I will know. Let me know if you are interested in reading this when it finally becomes born for the public to read. This is my first attempt at writing Science Fiction, well not really as my very first novel was a scient fiction, but alas it never got finished and I have never until now attempted to try one again. And I imagine that without the dream I would not have written this. 
If you would like to read part of this novel, click on Haisha: The Bright Light

Happy Reading and Writing everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment