There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 1 August 2011

The Writing Life


Seems the more I write the more I want to write. For ten years I had written nothing, that is fiction. I had written many freelance articles but nothing really creative. And lately all I've been doing is editing old novels. Today for the first time I got a burst of energy and ideas were falling out of my head so fast I couldn't type them fast enough, and I am a pretty fast typist.  
It was amazingly fun and exciting to have the muse back on my shoulder. So I have now started a brand new novel. Actually it was a short story that inspired me and after it was done, I kept wondering what happens next? So my characters just didn't want to leave me alone, not satisfied with starring in a short story, they want to be in a novel, so I obliged.
I wonder how long this surge of creative energy will last? I just hope it lasts long enough for me to get down at least an outline. How do you write? Does it come in flows? Do you do outlines? I have in the past started with a few basic ideas then followed up with Chapter blurbs, followed by filling out each chapter outline. After that writing the chapters was a cinch. Writing novels, like writing songs come different to everyone. It's interesting to know how other people get their inspiration, and where it comes from, and how. I find it interesting anyway. Happy Writing Everyone! May the muse be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment