There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 6 August 2011

Writing is good for the Soul

Way back in the dark days, I do believe that what saved me was writing. Of course I have written as long as I can remember being able to write, but there were many years in between those childhood days and when I seriously got back to writing.
But it was during a particularly tumultuous time in my life when I completely did not know which way to turn anymore that I turned to writing.
Writing gave me a purpose, direction, and brought order back to my mind, also it was an escape for me.
That is when I began writing novels. I loved being with my characters, and the empowerment I felt of creating their lives or destroying them whichever I chose to do, helped me to regain some footing back in my "real" life.
I will be forever grateful to the first day that I decided I was going to "write".
Now I am at a more peaceful place in my life but still writing is a big part of what I do. Let it be said that writing is good for you.Happy Writing Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment